Blackboard Collaborate is a learning solution that provides web conferencing and mobile collaboration that seamlessly integrates with Blackboard. It helps instructors to create virtual classrooms, offices, and meeting spaces that reach more students. It also offers innovative approaches to peer-to-peer interaction and learning with a level of engagement that makes learners feel like they’re together in a traditional classroom.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra provides a single room for the course that stays open for the life of the course and where the name of the room is also the name of the course.
- Collaborate Ultra REQUIRES Faculty use the latest versions of Chrome Browser or Firefox to access ALL of the available features.
- For Chrome: Collaborate Ultra needs to have the “Block third-party cookies” setting turned off. For additional information go to Browser Support.
- You can add a link to Collaborate directly in your course menu. This is recommended for class sessions. If your are using Collaborate for one-on-one sessions, you can just provide the URL to the Collaborate room to the student.
- Collaborate is integrated into Blackboard for students to access easily with one single sign-in.
- Students can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from mobile device (Apple, Android, or Windows) with the free Bb student app called Blackboard App. Within the app, students are able to fully interact during the session. For more see Blackboard App Quick Start Guide.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Training Part 1: An Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate
An Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate. This is an asynchronous, self-paced online training that takes 1.5 hours to complete. This training provides an overview of BB Collaborate Ultra and its features.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Training Part 2: The Virtual Classroom
This is a synchronous, hands-on training in the Collaborate Virtual Classroom with facilitators. Attendees will get real-time training in the use of Collaborate. This training takes 1 hour to complete.
NOTE: There is no restriction on the order for signing up. Part II can be taken before part 1.
Get Blackboard Collaborate Help
Visit our online Blackboard Support website for help topics, and a searchable database to help you troubleshoot or get started using Blackboard and Blackboard Collaborate.
Blackboard Collaborate requires an ACCEiD, if you are having issues with access to Blackboard Collaborate or your Blackboard course site. Visit the ACC Technical Support Services page to activate or reset (if you can’t recall your password) your ACCeid.
Consultations and additional support is available to help you integrate Blackboard Collaborate into your course. Please visit the Teaching Consultations & Support page for options.