Office of Academic Technology
The Office of Academic Technology (OAT) supports faculty in the creation of dynamic and engaging instructional videos, graphics, and websites to support student success at Austin Community College (ACC). Our teams provide tools and online/in-person training to faculty and students on the use of technology to support teaching and learning. Behind the scenes, OAT maintains and supports the audio/visual infrastructure on ACC campuses for classes, common spaces, and special events.
Instructional Design Support
Instructional designers within OAT are available to consult with faculty on how to best incorporate technology into the curriculum. Working with an instructional designer provides faculty with the support to develop or refine course learning objectives, assessments, and activities to create accessible, equitable, inclusive, engaging, and rewarding experiences for our students. Throughout any project within OAT, instructional designers provide the knowledge and expertise to ensure deliverables align with course learning objectives and ADA compliance.
Office of Academic Technology Teams
This team provides all-around support for ACC’s many instructional tools and technologies. If you are a faculty member unsure of what kind of support you need, Educational Technology Support (ETS) can either address it or connect you to the right team.
- On-campus classroom A/V support.
- Technical support and faculty training on tools including Blackboard, Panopto, VidGrid, Respondus, Adobe Creative Cloud, iPads, Softchalk, Google Suite (Google Doc, Calendar, Sites, etc), Padlet, Zoom, and more!
- Web conferencing support for instructional classes.
Complete this Mojo ticket to contact an Educational Technologist.
We understand that many requests are time-sensitive because they relate to specific course assignments or troubleshooting live classes. Once a Mojo ticket is submitted, a FISS with experience in the specific topic/technology needed will contact you as soon as possible during normal business hours to begin working on your support request. The exact nature of the request will determine how long it will take to resolve/complete.
Cori Coburn-Shiflett, Manager
Educational Technology Support
STS is a centralized team within the Office of Academic Technology that focuses on facilitating access to technology devices and equipment for student use and providing support to students on using academic technologies.
- Technical support and student training on tools including Blackboard, Respondus, iPads, Google Suite (Google Doc, Calendar, Sites, etc).
- Students assistance with ACC infrastructure including resetting ACC passwords, claiming ACCmail accounts, wifi. etc.
- Student access to technology to ensure that students have the tools needed to succeed in their ACC courses.
Visit the Student Technology Services website for more information on available services, hours of operation, and how to contact the team by phone and live chat.
Students can receive real-time support by phone or chat by visiting the STS website. The turnaround for checking out technology will vary based on the availability of devices, available appointments on campus, and the speed at which the necessary forms are completed.
Marc Petrick, Manager
Student Technology Services
The Instructional Web Projects team develops websites that provide current ACC students a seamless web experience as they navigate instructional programs online to access the information and resources needed for their continued success. The team makes ACCessible, inclusive, and user-friendly digital products for academic departments that in turn empower faculty to facilitate increased student success and persistence.
- Develops instructional websites to provide clear and consistent messaging and resources to faculty, staff, and current students within a Department or Area of Study (AoS) (not to be confused with webpages for prospective students and the ACC/Austin community, which are managed by the Office of Communications & Marketing).
- Creation of interactive web projects, such as databases and mobile apps to support instruction.
Complete an Instructional Web Service Request form to request an intake meeting for your project.
Once a request is received, an IWP team member will reach out within 2 business days to schedule a meeting. The exact turnaround for a completed project will be based on information and requirements collected during the intake meeting.
The Instructional Web Projects Team has already created numerous instructional department websites and projects: View the IWP Portfolio.
Corin Caridine, Manager
Instructional Web Projects
The Instructional Media Productions team supports equitable and inclusive teaching and learning practices and environments by providing professional-grade media development solutions which facilitate teaching, enhance learning, and positively impact academic performance and student success.
- Produces video content for faculty to use as a form of instructional material in their courses.
- Develops motion graphics and 3D animation to support learning objectives in ACC courses.
- Creates Open Educational Resources (OER) images and multimedia that can be incorporated into courses (regardless of the modality), supporting faculty in the move away from commercial course materials.
Pitch your idea and request an intake meeting for your project by submitting the IMP request form.
Once a request is received, an IMP team member will reach out within 2 business days to schedule a meeting. The completion time for a project will be based on information and requirements collected during the initial meeting.
The Instructional Media Productions Team has already created an extensive list of projects: View the IMP Team Portfolio.
Victor Sibaja-Molina, Manager
Instructional Media Productions
Whether you are hosting an external event on ACC’s campus or looking to live-stream a special event, the Event Multimedia Services team is here to help. With a team of technology professionals who specialize in special events and mobile technology solutions, the team is able to provide support for events on-campus or at a local hotel/convention center.
- Live-streaming of special events for internal and external audiences.
- Web conferencing support for administrative and departmental purposes.
- Advanced, mixed-medium (virtual and on-premise) audio/visual support for both on and off-campus events.
Complete the Multimedia Event Request form to request an intake meeting for your project.
Once a request is received, an Event Multimedia Services team member will reach out as soon as possible to schedule a meeting.
Because many of the requests are based on events with set dates, the team acts quickly to try and support as many requests as possible.
Balan Villanueva, Manager
Event Multimedia Services
Featuring a team of behind-the-scenes installation technicians, the Instructional AV Installations team ensures that the physical infrastructure of ACC classrooms provides quality audio/visual capabilities for faculty and students. The team also specializes in creative problem-solving when faced with unconventional or specialty AV needs throughout the College District.
- Installation of projectors, screens, speakers, etc. in ACC classrooms.
- Custom project consultations to enhance the physical learning space through the use of audio/visual technology.
Complete the Multimedia Technology Repair & Installation form to request an intake meeting for your project.
Once a request is received, an Instructional AV Installations team member will reach out within 2 business days to schedule a meeting.
Mariusz (Marcus) Kajdas, Manager
Instructional AV Installations