Sabbatical applications are open! The deadline to apply for fiscal year (FY) 2025 is Friday, January 26th 2024.
Sabbatical leave is a privilege that is intended to benefit both Austin Community College (ACC) and the employee. Sabbatical recipients are recommended by a committee of faculty, professional-technical staff, classified staff, and administrators. The College Chancellor has final approval of sabbaticals for staffing table employees.
Sabbatical leave may be granted for the purpose of personal and/or professional improvement, which will, in turn, benefit the College, through activities such as formal and informal study, acquisition of new skills, or keeping abreast of new technologies, research, and community service.
Note: Sabbatical leave may be granted to staffing table employees who have worked full-time for ACC for at least six (6) consecutive years. To read additional information regarding conditions under which Sabbatical leave is granted, please visit Guidelines/Procedures for AR 4.05.001 Sabbatical Leave.
Sabbatical applications for sabbatical leave* to be taken in FY25 are due on January 26th, 2024 of fiscal year 2024. The fiscal year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 annually.
*Sabbatical leave is taken in the fiscal year after the application year. That is, if a sabbatical leave application is requested in January of FY24, it is for leave which will occur in FY25.
- Please review the Sabbatical Proposal Guide & Evaluation Rubric for the Sabbatical Leave Proposal for more information
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Questions about the application or sabbatical procedures?
Please contact the sabbatical facilitator:
Questions about copyright and fair use?
Please contact our ACC Copyright Officer:
Elgin Campus Library
How to Submit a FY25 Sabbatical Application
- Complete the Sabbatical Preparation Module
- Prepare a detailed narrative (3-5 pages) of what you plan to accomplish while on sabbatical.
- Purpose of Leave/Rationale
- Background and Significance of Project
- Benefit to College and Career/Professional Development
- Specific Objectives and Methods
Please review the Sabbatical Proposal Guide & Evaluation Rubric for the Sabbatical Leave Proposal for more information.
- Review ACC’s Copyright policy at https://tled.austincc.edu/copyright.
- If applicable, complete the Copyright Agreement forms and upload them at the prompt in the application.
- Acquire three years of evaluation summary forms to include and upload at the prompt in the application. No application will be considered without these forms.
- Complete Sabbatical Leave Application Form (Must be logged into your ACC Gmail account).
- Once you submit this form, your responses will also be sent to your email address so you can compile an application packet.
- Compile a Sabbatical Application Packet in a Google Folder that includes:
- Your detailed narrative.
- 3 years of evaluation summary forms.
- If applicable, upload documentation confirming receipt of any award, grant, fellowship, or other arrangements.
- If applicable, upload letters of support and/or specific proposed course inventories.
- If Copyright Agreement forms are necessary for this project, upload a completed Standard Form and/or an Alternate Agreement Form.
- Sabbatical Leave Application Form (with eSign Capabilities) – this must be signed by all of the supervisors listed in Step 7.
- Send your Google Folder Sabbatical Application Packet to:
- First to your immediate Supervisor for approval and signature.
- If approved, then request approval and signature from your next level Supervisor.
- If approved, request approval and signature from your highest level Supervisor.
- For example, a faculty member would submit to their Department Chair, then Dean, and then AVP.
- Finally, upload the Completed Sabbatical Application Approval Form with signatures to the Completed Sabbatical Leave Approval Form (Must be logged into your ACC Gmail account).
*If you make a modification to your materials please resubmit your Sabbatical Leave Application Form to ensure we have the correct documents.
Sabbatical Recipients FY 2024
- Azzurra Crispino – Department of Philosophy – Professor
- Arun John – Language Arts, Humanities and Communications – Associate Professor
- Rennison Lalgee – Department of Sociology and Social Work – Chair of Sociology and Professor
- Vanessa Lazo – Department of World Languages – Chair and Spanish Professor
- Todd Phillips – Department of World Languages – Professor
- Grant Potts – Department of Humanities and Communication – Interim Dean, Liberal Arts, and Professor
- Breanna Whitener – Department of Visual Communications – Associate Professor