Deadline to apply for fiscal year (FY) 2021 is Friday, November 1st, 2019.
Sabbatical leave is a privilege that is intended to benefit both Austin Community College and the employee. Sabbatical recipients are recommended by a committee comprised of faculty, professional-technical staff, classified staff, and administrators. The College President has final approval of sabbaticals for staffing table employees.
Sabbatical leave may be granted for the purpose of personal and/or professional improvement, which will in turn benefit the college, through activities such as formal and informal study, acquisition of new skills, or keeping abreast of new technologies, research, and community service.
Note: Sabbatical leave may be granted to staffing table employees who have worked full-time for ACC for at least six (6) consecutive years. To read additional information regarding conditions under which Sabbatical leave is granted, please visit: Guidelines/Procedures for AR 4.05.001 Sabbatical Leave
Sabbatical applications for sabbatical leave* to be taken in FY21 are due on November 1st, 2019 of fiscal year 2020. The fiscal year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 annually.
*Sabbatical leave is taken in the fiscal year after application year. That is, if a sabbatical leave application is requested in November of FY20, it is for leave which will occur in FY21.
- Watch a recorded informational session from 2018
- Attend an information session:
- Friday, September 27th, HLC 2219 or via Webex, 12pm-1pm
- Register here
- Please review the Sabbatical Proposal Guide & Evaluation Rubric for the Sabbatical Leave Proposal for more information.
- Review our FAQ (Coming soon!) on the sabbatical application process
How to Submit a FY21 Sabbatical Application
1. Complete the Sabbatical Preparation Module
2. Prepare a detailed narrative (3-5 pages) of what you plan to accomplish while on sabbatical.
I. Introduction (500 Words or less)
A. Purpose of Leave/Rationale
II. Background and Significance of Project (300 words or less)
III. Benefit to College and Career/Professional Development (250 words or less)
IV. Specific Objectives and Methods
Please review the Sabbatical Proposal Guide & Evaluation Rubric for the Sabbatical Leave Proposal for more information.
3. Review ACC’s Copyright policy at https://tled.austincc.edu/copyright
If applicable, complete the Copyright Agreement forms and upload at prompt in application.
4. Acquire three years of evaluation summary forms to include and upload at prompt in application; no application will be considered without these forms.
5. Complete Sabbatical Leave Application Form.
Once you submit this form, your responses will also be sent to your email address so you can compile an application packet.
6. Compile a printed Sabbatical Application Packet that includes:
Sabbatical Application Approval Form (print this)
Sabbatical Leave Application Form with all attachments (print from email)
7. Send your printed Sabbatical Application Packet:
a. First to your Immediate Supervisor for approval and signature.
b. If approved, then request approval and signature from your Next Level Supervisor.
c. If approved, request approval and signature from your Highest Level Supervisor.
d. For example, a faculty member would submit to their Department Chair, then Dean, and then AVP.
8. Finally, scan and upload Completed Sabbatical Application Approval Form with signatures to Completed Sabbatical Leave Approval Form
*If you make a modification to your materials please resubmit your Sabbatical Leave Application Form to ensure we have the correct documents.
Current Sabbatical Recipients FY2020
Professor, Communications Studies
Professor, Professional Nursing
Theresa (Myung-Joo) Oh
Professor, Foreign Language
Professor, Student Affairs