Distance Education Symposium
The Distance Education Symposium is an annual event that takes place in November, when National Distance Learning week is celebrated nationally. The Symposium is typically a half-day event that brings together ACC faculty to focus on distance education and learn about current best practices. ACC faculty and staff are invited to present and share their experiences and knowledge with attendees.
Distance Education Symposium 2023
In celebration of the 16th annual National Distance Learning Week, ACC’s Office of Distance & Alternative Education invites you to a virtual Distance Education Symposium. The theme of this year’s symposium is “How Artificial Intelligence Is Redefining Distance Learning in the Year 2023.”
The 2023 Distance Education Symposium will take place on Wednesday, November 8th and Thursday, November 9th.
We welcome proposals from all who work in online, hybrid, and HyFlex higher education. While you may submit on any topic you choose, proposals with focus on Master Plan Initiatives are particularly encouraged:
- Transformative Impact of AI on Distance Teaching and Learning
- Equity and Improved Student Experiences
- Proactive, Personalized Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Implementation and Future Trends
Additional topics you may want to consider:
- HyFlex Strategies for Success
- 8-Week Course Strategies for Success
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Project-Based Learning
- Online Student Engagement & Connection Techniques
- Emerging Digital Technologies & Tools
- A Look Ahead at the Online Educational Environment
DE Symposium sessions are scheduled for 1 hour. Please allow time for questions.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Monday, October 16th.
Distance Education Symposium Archive
Archive includes summary of outcomes, and workshop recordings, and materials (when available).
For questions, please call 512-223-0422, or email email@example.com.