Distance Learning Instruction Series (DLIS)
In order to meet the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) requirements, Austin Community College (ACC) instructors must complete the Distance Learning Instruction Series (DLIS) before teaching a distance education course. The series provides information, examples, and tips on teaching effective and engaging distance education courses. The series is divided into four modules, each of which focuses on one major component of distance education instruction.
All modules must be completed in order to receive credit for the series.
The Distance Learning Instruction Series (DLIS) is designed to provide faculty with information, examples, and tips on teaching effective and engaging distance learning courses. The series is divided into four modules, each of which focuses on one major component of DL instruction. You must complete all four modules in order to receive credit for the series. Completion of the series fulfills the requirement for faculty training in distance learning instruction.
This class is offered as a self-paced online course in Blackboard. Enrollment is a two-step process.
- Enroll by clicking on the link below. Distance Education (DE) will be notified automatically.
- Manual enrollment in Blackboard by DE. DE will then enroll you in the Blackboard course and you will be notified when this process is complete.
- Introduction to ACC Distance Education
- Online Teaching and Learning Pedagogy
- Technologies and Resources
- Universal Design and Accessibility
The enrollment process may take up to two business days to complete.
If you do not receive notice of enrollment from DE or have any other questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.