Spring Development Day
“Recharge and Reinvent”
Save the Date: January 17, 2020
Spring Development Day welcomes all ACC faculty and staff to a new spring semester with a full day of inspiring sessions to enhance our practices and processes, improve personal productivity, technical talents, teaching techniques, and interpersonal skills. Spring Development Day seeks to give faculty and staff a “one stop shop” for a variety of professional development opportunities. Our 2020 theme, “Recharge and Reinvent,” invites employees to focus on renewing your passion in the New Year, and developing new, innovative approaches to your work.
Call for Proposals
The Faculty Development Office invites proposals for sessions that prepare faculty and staff to further enhance the learning and working environment at ACC. We are seeking presenters for sessions showcasing how you can:
– Advance equity and inclusive practices;
– Strengthen student engagement;
– Increase persistence through intentional academic and career pathways;
– Build the capacity for teaching and learning excellence and innovation; or
– Promote effective and efficient operations.
We are seeking presenters for sessions in several possible formats:
- Interactive Workshops
- Hands-On Computer/Technology Workshop
- Informational Presentation
- Panel – Presentation, discussion, and Q&A with 3-5 presenters
- Roundtable – Facilitated discussion for 12 or fewer participants
Most sessions are 1 hour, 20 minutes in length, but longer sessions (2 hours, 50 minutes) can also be accommodated.
Proposed sessions should address one or more of these general topic themes:
- Global Learning – Effective teaching for students of different cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds
- High-Impact Teaching Practices – Creating engaging, interactive, and effective learning experiences
- Course Design – online/blended course design/redesign; instructional design and assessment
- Equity and Inclusion/Building Community – Creating a more inclusive and effective learning environment for all students
- Culturally Responsive Leadership – Building a workplace and relationships from a multicultural perspective
- Student Advising and Support Resources – Resources at ACC and in the broader community to support student success
- Organizational Effectiveness and Efficiency – Ideas to improve our workplace productivity, communication, motivation, and engagement.
- Classroom Technology – Innovative software and tools for teaching in classrooms and online
- General Technology (Productivity/Creativity/Organizational applications) – Technology that can improve organizational effectiveness, & creativity.
Proposal Deadline: Nov. 18, 2019
Accepted presenters will be notified during the first week of December.
Proposal submissions are closed.