TLED offers a variety of services to support teaching and learning.
Instructional designers are available to help with the following as part of the course design process:
- Getting started with course design
- Planning for the major components of designing a course
- Creating timelines, goals and clear tasks to design and develop a course
- Developing course objectives and outcomes
- Designing engaging course activities and assessments
- Integrating technology, as appropriate, to support student learning
- Applying best practices to teaching and learning
Guidance from an instructional designer ensures course objectives are aligned with activities and assessments and if technology is used that it is appropriately integrated into your course that reflect best practices. Instructional designers are trained in instructional theory and practices, and knowledgeable in the resources and technologies available at ACC.
Library Services for Faculty
ACC Faculty Librarians are available on every campus to provide a variety of services to faculty. You can contact Faculty Librarians for assignment and syllabus collaboration to fit your student learning outcomes, and request hands-on information literacy sessions for your class.
On Campus Blackboard Help
For a comprehensive list of technology help options, including phone, email and online, please visit our Technology Help page.
On Campus Classroom Technology Help
Faculty & Instructional Support Specialists (FISS) are the immediate point of contact for general daily classroom support at your campus and they will help address issues with:
- Audio/visual technology in classrooms
- Training on use of classroom equipment and technology
- Analyze hardware and software functionality in classrooms
- Identify, resolve, and repair problems within scope of their authority and knowledge.
Faculty may reserve equipment for checkout.
Faculty Resource Centers
Faculty Resource Centers (FRC) are located on every campus. Faculty Instructional Support Specialists (FISS) are available for on-hand assistance. Faculty can access up-to-date computer technology, and equipment.