Getting your semester started can take some planning but there’s plenty of support. Do you have a suggestion for this page? Please email email@example.com.
New to Spring 2022
- The Spring 2022 course evaluation schedule is posted on the website. Visit the Course Evaluation Results page for a detailed explanation of the report format and ratings. For any questions about course evaluation results and ratings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is any instructor change, you may submit your request for updates through your department using this Department Chair Request for “Course /Instructor Information Changes” form.
Faculty Use of ACC Testing Centers Guidelines
- Prepare all your course materials ahead of the beginning of the semester to ensure they are accessible.
- Request captioning of all videos. Any questions to be sent to email@example.com.
- Add Interpreters to Blackboard as Students. Any questions regarding interpreters, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review and verify that each section of your instructional website contains up-to-date information.
- Update all out-of-date information and broken hyperlinks.
- If the Instructional Web team manages your website, submit a request for updates to content and/or broken links.
Master Syllabus Template Updated
From Ron Johns, Associate Dean, Assessment & Evaluation: As we return to a broader variety of in-person services and instruction on campus this fall, the master syllabus template has needed modification. The health and safety protocols, as well as a number of other sections, have been revised to reflect the situation as it is expected to be this fall semester. The updated template is available on the master syllabus website. Obviously, conditions may change, so please emphasize to your students that they should check the relevant websites for the most current information.
If you have any questions, please email Ron Johns, email@example.com.
Media Services is now Educational Technology Support
The Faculty & Instructional Support Specialists (FISS) located on each campus are now Educational Technologists and the team collectively has changed from Media Services to Educational Technology (EdTech) Support. Using one central phone number, connect to the first team member available for help with classroom A/V, checking out equipment, and teaching technology – 512-223-0111.
Request the Respondus 4.0 Software
Please submit the Respondus 4.0 Request Form to obtain the latest PC version of the Respondus 4.0 authoring software. A link to download the Respondus 4.0 installation file, and additional information will be sent. MAC users can access Respondus on the Virtual Desktop.
Share the Student Support & Services Page
ACC students have access to free support and services – from tutors and academic coaches to advisors and career and transfer specialists. Please share the Student Support page with your students.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
Prepare all your course materials ahead of the beginning of the semester to ensure they are accessible.
- Review the information here about semester preparation and faculty responsibilities when working with students with disabilities –TLED – Accessibility
- Contacting SAS. If you have questions about anything SAS related, please email SAS@austincc.edu.
- Use Blackboard Ally to test your Blackboard documents to make sure they are accessible.
- Respond to emails from SAS staff promptly.
- Participate in semester planning meetings for our blind and visually impaired students when requested.
- Your students deserve to know more about what opportunities are available to them outside of the classroom, and Student Life is here to help! Book a classroom presentation for the start of the Spring semester by completing our Student Life Staff Collaboration Request form, TODAY! Are YOU seeking ways to connect with your students outside of the classroom? Claim Your Free MySL account at austincc.edu/mysl! You can learn more about the various student-led organizations, events, and activities available to build a richer connection with ACC Riverbats.
- If you’d like to connect students with your course work on a deeper level, consider working with your students to create a student organization! Student Organizations are student-led, faculty/staff supported communities that allow for students to take their learning to the next level! Student Life provides training and funding to all recognized student organizations. Consider becoming a student organization advisor, today! Need more info? Click here!
- Your hardworking graduating students deserve recognition! Consider nominating one of your graduating students for the Chancellor’s Student Achievement Award (CSAA). The CSAA is the most prestigious award earned by a graduating student. It is presented to a student who has demonstrated academic excellence, service to ACC and the community, and commitment to ACC’s values and vision. Nominations open January 24, 2022. Nominate a student here!
- Do you know any students with a desire to make an impact on campus by building community? Or do you know any eligible work-study students seeking on-campus employment? If so, look no further because all Student Life offices are seeking Riverbat Ambassador applicants! Learn more about the Riverbat Ambassador position here: https://sites.austincc.edu/sl/programs/riverbatsuccess/. Encourage your students to be an active part of the community by assisting their peers and building a campus climate they want to be a part of! Spring 2022 Riverbat Ambassador applications can be submitted at austincc.edu/ambassador.
- Do you know students that want to get involved, but don’t know where to start? Share the Student Life Connect Card with them, and we will plug them into the co-curricular experience at ACC!
Transfer Resources Department
Teaching Online at ACC
Visit the Teaching Online at ACC page for comprehensive information on ACC Distance Education including detailed information on distance education teaching modes, Quality Matters, early intervention requests, and more.
Distance Education Semester Prep Checklist
Upload your Syllabus
Check Out Equipment
Do you need a webcam, ipad or headset? The Office of Academic Technology has these and many other items available for check out – See the complete list. Faculty can visit their campus Faculty Resource Center (FRC)/Teaching & Learning Center (TLC) to check out technology. Visit Check Out Equipment for more details.
Expert Faculty Librarians are available for:
- Teaching online and in-person information literacy (IL) sessions during your class time or asynchronously to address learning outcomes.
- Connecting you and your students to resources, including ebooks, databases, electronic journals, OER, and streaming media.
- Creating custom online research guides, instructional videos, and online activities to introduce students to library resources.
- Collaborating with classroom faculty on assignments, library instruction, syllabus design, and research tools.
First Day Classes
First Day is a program where the cost of digital course materials is included with students’ class fees for a particular class or program. Students will have access to course materials from the very first day. For more information visit the First Day Classes page for students.
Review the Tools page for a list of technology tools available for teaching and learning. These include Blackboard Learn, Google Sites, Mediasite, VidGrid, Respondus, Softchalk, web conferencing tools, and more. If you need help using these tools, request help from an Educational Technologist.
Faculty Events Calendar
View our Faculty Events Calendar for:
- Upcoming professional development opportunities
- Important College dates & deadlines
- Self-paced & archived training
This calendar is interactive and offers users the ability to sort by topic as well as overlap events with your Google Calendar. Bookmark this URL for quick access: tled.austincc.edu/calendar.
Get event updates in your inbox weekly.
To get the latest announcements on funding opportunities and other teaching and learning related events subscribe to the TLED weekly newsletter.