Blackboard is the Learning Management System for Austin Community College. Every face-to-face, hybrid and online course has a corresponding Blackboard course site. Blackboard is a teaching tool that enables faculty to share their course materials, and build interactive activities in a single place for teaching and learning.
- Upload files in different formats
- Create discussion forums, journals, blogs and wikis
- Post grades, and assignment feedback
- Take attendance with Qwickly
An important feature of Blackboard is Blackboard Ally, a product that makes Blackboard course content more accessible. To learn more visit the ACC Blackboard Support page for Blackboard Ally.
Useful Add Ons for Blackboard
- Qwickly Demo Videos Take the pain out of tracking and grading student attendance with Qwickly Attendance. Qwickly Attendance enables faculty to take attendance that is automatically graded in the Blackboard Grade Center. Faculty can take attendance using an attendance list on screen or allow students to check in on their own browser, complete with a PIN and countdown timer.
- Blackboard Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact. Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session.
- Brainfuse is the new online tutoring tool that is available in Blackboard. Students need to log into their Blackboard course for Brainfuse access.
- VoiceThread is a collaborative Web 2.0 tool that allows users to create, share, and comment on images, websites, documents, and videos. Learn how to add VoiceThread to your Blackboard visit the ACC Blackboard Support page for adding VT.
- Building Blocks are available by request only. Learn more about Blackboard Building Blocks.