Removal of Course Sites
On Friday, October 21, 2022 LMS Services will begin to remove course sites from ACC Blackboard. Course sites from fall 2019, spring 2020, and summer 2020 semesters are scheduled for deletion (219F, 220S and 220U). Most of these course materials have already been copied into current course sites. If you want to keep a copy of these course sites, please export them to your desktop computer. You can then reuse the course materials by importing this file into future Blackboard course sites.
Blackboard is the learning management system for Austin Community College (ACC). Every face-to-face, hybrid, and online course has a corresponding Blackboard course site. Blackboard is a teaching tool that enables faculty to share their course materials and build interactive activities in a single place for teaching and learning.
To access Blackboard use your ACCeID credentials: http://acconline.austincc.edu
- Upload files in different formats
- Create discussion forums, journals, blogs and wikis
- Use the Gradebook to post grades
- Add feedback to submitted assignments
- Create quizzes, and exams
- Take attendance with Qwickly
An important feature of Blackboard is Blackboard Ally, a product that makes Blackboard course content more accessible. To learn more visit the ACC Blackboard Support page for Blackboard Ally.
Useful Add Ons for Blackboard
- Qwickly Demo Videos Take the pain out of tracking and grading student attendance with Qwickly Attendance. Qwickly Attendance enables faculty to take attendance that is automatically graded in the Blackboard Grade Center. Faculty can take attendance using an attendance list on screen or allow students to check in on their own browser, complete with a PIN and countdown timer.
- Blackboard Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact. Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session.
- Upswing is the new online tutoring tool that is available in Blackboard. Students need to log into their Blackboard course for Upswing access.
- VoiceThread is a collaborative Web 2.0 tool that allows users to create, share, and comment on images, websites, documents, and videos. Learn how to add VoiceThread to your Blackboard visit the Teaching & Learning Knowledge Base page for adding VoiceThread.
- Building Blocks are available by request only.
Training and Support
Teaching consultations are available to help you implement this tool into your teaching.
Educational Technologists are available to provide training and answer questions.
Workshops to learn about the tools available for teaching and learning are available.