Google Meet is a web conferencing tool included in the Google Suite of tools available to ACC faculty, staff, and students. Up to 250 participants can take part in a Google Meet. Chat is included as well as options for backgrounds. Google Meet could be used for a course presentation, office hours, communication and even to monitor testing. Google Meet is not as powerful as Blackboard Collaborate or WebEx. For example, you can not assign your students to different groups for discussion or to complete a task.
ACC has four web conferencing tools available: Blackboard Collaborate, Google Meet, Zoom, and Webex. To decide which web conferencing tool is best for your needs, please reference the Web Conferencing Tools Comparison Chart.
To access your Google Meet account use your ACCeID credentials to log in: https://meet.google.com/
- Integrated with Google calendar, includes an invite option with a link to join the Google Meet
- Up to 250 participants
- Chat available (this feature cannot be turned off)
- Participants can turn on a closed caption option
- Google Meet organizer/participants may share their entire screen or a specific window
- Compatible with web browsers and has both an android and iPhone & iPad app
Getting Started with Google Meet
Training and Support
Teaching consultations are available to help you implement this tool into your teaching.
Educational Technologists are available to provide training and answer questions.
Workshops to learn about the tools available for teaching and learning are available.