Austin Community College has decided that it will not renew our SoftChalk subscription effective August 31, 2023. After that date, users will no longer have access to the SoftChalk platform through ACC.
SoftChalk is a powerful online lesson editor that lets you easily create engaging, interactive web lessons for your e-learning classroom. With SoftChalk, you can create professional-looking, interactive content without knowing any HTML, or programming. SoftChalk content can be integrated into Blackboard courses and record detailed student scores for their SoftChalk content in the Blackboard gradebook.
Submit this request form to obtain SoftChalk access. Requests are received and completed by the Office of Academic Technology.
If you need Softchalk support, please submit the Faculty Support form. Need ideas on how to implement Softchalk into your teaching? Please visit the Teaching Consultations & Support page to set up a consultation.
- Interactive learning games, including customizable flashcards, image labeling, image hotspot activities, matching games, crosswords, and more
- Six question types: multiple-choice, multiple answers (more than one correct answer), short answer, true/false, matching, and ordering
- Pop-up text annotations to define terminology
- Complies with accessibility and eLearning standards – learn more
- Customizable layout options
- Easy user interface
- Choose color themes for your lessons
- Responsive design – lessons can be viewed on laptops, tablet, and mobile devices
- Blackboard integration – learn more
Getting Started with Softchalk
- Submit this request form to obtain SoftChalk access.
- Review the Getting Started page available in the Teaching & Learning Knowledge Base.
3. For short courses visit https://softchalk.com/support/training/short-courses
4. For step-by-step video tutorials visit https://softchalk.com/support/training/video-tutorials
Training and Support
Teaching consultations are available to help you implement this tool into your teaching.
Educational Technologists are available to provide training and answer questions.
Workshops to learn about the tools available for teaching and learning are available.
Not finding what you need? Please email TLEDcomms@austincc.edu. If any content on this page needs updating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.