ACC Annual Awards Celebration
Each year, the Austin Community College (ACC) Chancellor and the Board of Trustees honor outstanding ACC faculty and staff who have been selected for Leadership and Teaching Excellence Awards. All ACC employees are invited to this wonderful virtual celebration of the hard work and leadership of our 2022 award recipients.
Watch the ACC Awards Celebration Video
Sign Our Guestbook
Leave a congratulatory message in the Awards Guestbook.
2022 Award Recipients
The Leadership Awards
ACC celebrates outstanding Staff who demonstrate strong leadership and who have gone above and beyond the duties listed in their job description for the ACC community.
Teaching Excellence Awards
The ACC Teaching Excellence Awards honor one full-time and one adjunct faculty member who promotes special learning opportunities, student interaction, depth/breadth of knowledge in a subject area, and innovation. Nominations are made by students, faculty and staff, and the honorees. Recipients are selected by a committee and presented with an award and a $1000 cash prize.
eFaculty of the Year Award
This award recognizes an outstanding ACC Faculty member who has creatively utilized appropriate Internet-based technologies to teach online and/or hybrid courses at ACC. The recipient must have designed and taught one or more online or hybrid courses with an imaginative approach, well-designed course materials, instructional strategies, and a demonstrated rapport with the course participants.
NISOD Excellence Awards
The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) has emphasized the importance of teaching and leadership excellence in institutions of higher education. Recipients of the NISOD Excellence Award are recognized at the annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, and this award honors the world’s best in higher education. Please join us in congratulating the following ACC faculty and staff members receiving the NISOD Excellence Award.
The Piper Professor Nominee Award
The Piper Professor Nominee Award is a statewide award that recognizes outstanding full-time faculty in the teaching profession. Higher education institutions must be invited to submit a nominee and only ten professors are selected to receive this award each year. Awards of $5,000 are given to those selected for their superior teaching at the college level.
Dr. Richard Ray Espinosa
Department Chair/Professor, Allied Health Sciences/General Studies
The League Excellence Awards
In recognition of the long tradition of excellence in community college teaching and leadership, the League Excellence Awards (formerly Roueche Award) celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Selected by a committee, recipients will be recognized at an awards celebration at ACC and have the opportunity to attend the League for Innovations Conference in the spring.
- Jason Briseno, Executive Dean, Financial Assistance & Veterans’ Affairs – Administrator of the Year
- Lydia Cdebaca-Cruz, Adjunct, Professor, English – Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Richard Ray Espinoza, Department Chair/Professor, Allied Health Sciences/General Studies – Piper Professor Nominee
- Garrett Groves, Vice Chancellor, Strategic Initiatives, Business & Industry Partners – Chancellor’s Leadership Excellence Award
- Stephanie Herrington, Department Chair/Professor, Culinary Arts – Faculty Leader of the Year
- Julienne Lemond, Professor, Physics – Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Molly Beth Malcolm, Executive Vice Chancellor, Operations & Public Affairs – Chancellor’s Leadership Excellence Award
- Esther Sonen Yun, Coordinator, Board of Trustees – Chancellor’s Leadership Excellence Award
Please contact the Office of Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.