Resources for Teaching
Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCCSE) Resources
- Survey Items About Sense of Belonging: This comes from CCCSE’s national report on academic mindset.
- CCSSE’s Annotated Bibliography: You can find the annotated bibliography for each CCSSE benchmark.
- Focus Group Toolkits
- Accreditation Guide
- Guided Pathways Pillar 4: CCCSE released a report on Pillar 4. Supporting materials include equity tools, a searchable database with video clips and narratives of faculty sharing their best practices, faculty focus group discussion guide, professional development tools for faculty, and tools to use with CCSSE, CCFSSE, and SENSE results.
- Hear faculty talking about engaged learning by clicking here and slightly scroll down to “Engagement Doesn’t Happen by Accident, but by Design.”
- CCCSE – https://cccse.org/
- Developing Purposeful Peak Performers
- Finding Your Ikigai: 8 Questionnaires and Tests
- Learning Activities for Purpose Exploration, DePaul University
- Listening to Students Is a Key to Finding Their Purpose
- My Journey Teaching Students the Recipe for a Meaningful Life
- Teachers: How to Reconnect with Your Purpose for Teaching
- The Importance of Maslow’s Fourth Tier
- Want Teachers to Motivate Their Students? Teach Them How to Do It
- Why Every Student Needs Caring Adults in Their Life
Answering the Call: New Motivation for Excellence in Teaching
Flower Darby has over 24 years of experience as an instructor, teaching topics ranging from Pilates to Technology. She is the author, with James M. Lang, of “Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes,” and she’s also a columnist for the Chronicle of Higher Education.
Flower Darby was invited to keynote the kick-off event for our third Teaching & Learning Academy (TLA) cohort. Getting access to hear and interact with expert speakers like Flower Darby is a key reason why our TLA alumni report thoroughly enjoying the program. The Teaching and Learning Academy (TLA) is thrilled to share Flower Darby’s presentation with the entire ACC community. TLA participants are exclusively presented with five dynamic keynote talks to challenge and inspire excellent teaching during the program.