Faculty Talent Onboarding
The Teaching & Learning Excellence Division (TLED) has partnered with Human Resources (HR) to create an experience for new faculty like no other. Our comprehensive orientation and onboarding program delivers online and monthly sessions to brand-new adjunct and full-time faculty. This semester-long program is designed to launch you into a successful career here at Austin Community College (ACC) and bring ease to your first semester of many here with us.
For any questions, please email the Office of Faculty Development at email@example.com.
Spring 2023 Orientation Information
Welcome Bag Pick Up
Come pick up a swag bag with ACC gear, and a workbook to follow along during orientation. Also, a special guest will be there to greet you!
Stop by ACC Highland Campus Building 4000:
- Friday, January 6th – 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Virtual Orientation Option 1
Synchronous Online New Faculty Orientation
By completing this orientation, you will be able to fully participate during the week before classes to attend department meetings, division or Area of Study meetings, work with colleagues, attend department-specific training, and work on course preparation.
Compensation: $1500 stipend for adjunct faculty only (full-time faculty on contract)
January 9th – 11th: Introduction to ACC & Course Preparation
- January 9th – 8:30am – 5:00pm (Human Resources Orientation – Full-Time Faculty Only)
- January 10th – 9:00am – 4:00pm (Adjunct & Full-Time Faculty)
- January 11th – 9:00am – 4:00pm (Adjunct & Full-Time Faculty)
January 12th -13th OR 19th – 20th: Quality Matters Training (3 options, Choose 1)
- January 12th – 9:00am – 12:00pm & January 13th – 9:00am – 12:00pm
- January 12th – 1:00pm – 4:00pm & January 13th – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER for January 12th & 13th: Monday, January 9th at 5:00pm
- January 19th – 1:00pm – 4:00pm & January 20th 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER for January 19th & 20th: Monday, January 16th at 5:00pm
Registration for Quality Matters is through the New ACC Faculty Information Form.
Virtual Orientation Option 2: Asynchronous Online Quick-Start Orientation
Asynchronous Online Quick-Start Orientation
If faculty cannot attend option 1 then they must complete a 4-hour Asynchronous Orientation. Faculty will be added to a Blackboard Course by January 20th.
Compensation: $100 stipend for adjunct faculty only (full-time faculty on contract)
Teaching Consultations & Support
The Teaching & Learning Excellence Division (TLED) and the Office of Distance & Alternative Education (ODAE) provide comprehensive support in course design, technology tools for teaching, and other high-impact practices that contribute to our Guided Pathways model at Austin Community College (ACC). We are available for various types of consultations to provide just-in-time assistance and support for your teaching. Review our robust options by visiting:
Monthly First Semester Onboarding for ALL Faculty
These two and half hour sessions are offered in synchronous online environments and include one day and one evening option each month of faculty’s first semester
Compensation: Adjuncts: $25/hour
To fulfill the educational mission of Austin Community College, we, the faculty, champion the following shared values:
- We support a Culture of Collaboration, Community Building, and Service with our students, colleagues, and the greater community
- We Advocate Access, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We Promote Academic Freedom, Freedom of Expression, and Empowerment
- We Advance Scholarship, Learning, and the Assessment of our Work
- We Support Student Success through Exemplary Teaching & Lifelong Learning
As we embody these values, we cultivate an environment of mutual trust, esteem, and respect.
As a faculty, we have defined each of our values with clarifying statements and examples of potential ways to envision our values in action. These examples are not inclusive of ways our faculty can demonstrate our values.
Faculty Talent Onboarding Alumni
Faculty that complete all components of the Faculty Talent Onboarding program earn a certificate of completion.