Our vision is for Austin Community College faculty to lead as a model of teaching and learning excellence in higher education.
Who We Are
The Teaching & Learning Excellence Division (TLED) is dedicated to instructional support and innovation. We exist to champion faculty as partners in the strive for student success.
Frontline Faculty Support
We are the resource for comprehensive support in course design, funding opportunities, and technology tools for teaching, and other high-impact practices that contribute to our Guided Pathways model at ACC. Our staff provides services at all district campuses and for distance education.
We design programs and training that empower faculty to enhance learning environments by integrating effective teaching practices. We offer resources and tools that support student learning and persistence and assist faculty growth in teaching and learning.
Champions of Teaching & Learning Excellence
We work hard to build community and partnerships that strengthen Pathways for students, such as experiential learning opportunities and articulation agreements. We offer collaborative opportunities for faculty, and recognize faculty accomplishments.
TLED Executive Reports
Timely updates for enhanced internal communication. Link to current and past Executive Reports.
TLED COVID Response
TLED is assisting faculty make the transition to online teaching and learning by providing timely support. Learn more about how TLED is responding to COVID.
To further the mission and student success goals of the College by providing quality instructional services and support for faculty and staff to:
- Develop evidence-based teaching and learning environments to reach diverse student populations.
- Develop excellence in instruction through effective and innovative teaching practices.
- Use current and emerging instructional strategies and technologies to advance the campus-based and online student-centered classroom.
- Evaluate learning outcomes that are based on student needs.
- Participate in continuous improvement through a culture of research, planning, engagement, and equity.
- Develop curriculum to align pathways from high school through university transfer.
- Capitalize on faculty development opportunities for professional growth.