Teaching Consultations & Support
The Teaching & Learning Excellence Division (TLED) and the Office of Distance & Alternative Education (ODAE) provide comprehensive support in course design, technology tools for teaching, and other high-impact practices that contribute to our Guided Pathways model at Austin Community College (ACC). Our teams are available for various types of consultations to provide just-in-time assistance and support to faculty for their teaching. Review our robust options below.
Office of Academic Technology (OAT) provides resources and services to support teaching and learning in the face-to-face and online environments. We are available to help faculty address their instructional needs, use classroom technologies, and connect to computing resources. We also have dedicated staff that consult on projects that promote academic success for students.
Connect with Faculty Instructional Support Specialists
Get Blackboard Help
- Course Copy
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Creating Announcements
- Grade Center
- Course Alerts
- Uploading Assignments
- Technical Issues
Get Help with Tools
Mediasite, VidGrid, Respondus, Adobe Creative Cloud, iPads, Softchalk, Google Suite (Google Doc, Calendar, Sites, etc), Padlet, Zoom, and more!
Get Web Conferencing Support
Help is available for classes, administrative meetings, and special events.
Our trained Faculty Instructional Support Specialists are ready to assist.
Assistance is available for different types of instructional projects:
- Integrating technology into a course as a full course redesign or an individual module/activity
- Video/image/3D graphic animation production
- Instructional Website Development
- Integrating open educational resources (OER) or Inclusive Access/First Day into your course
The Office of Distance and Alternative Education (ODAE) works diligently to provide comprehensive support services for potential and current distance education faculty.
- Online/Hybrid Course Design Support
- Blackboard Collaborate: Announcements, Discussion Board & VoiceThread
- Google Hangouts & Meet
- Email Templates
- Online Course Redesign Academy (OCRA)
- Online Testing Tools Support
- Creating Tests, Surveys, and Pools in Blackboard
- Respondus Lockdown Browser & Respondus Monitor
- Alternative Assessments
Need to redesign your course for online learning? Please submit the form below.
- Lecture Capture/Presentation Tool Support
- Accessibility Support
- Accessibility Checking for PDF, Word & PowerPoint Documents
- Blackboard Ally
- Blackboard Adaptive Release
- Quality Matters (QM)
- QM Point of Contact
- QM Certification & Training
- QM Course Redesign Support
To schedule a consultation for any of the topics listed above, please email:
- Teaching Best Practices & Strategies:
- Promoting equity in your classroom
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Active and collaborative Learning
- Classroom management
- Discuss ways to transfer in class engagement techniques to the online environment
- Faculty Portfolio and Professional Development Plan
- Faculty Leadership: Sabbatical, Faculty Talent Onboarding, Faculty Learning Communities, Faculty Interest Groups, Teaching & Learning Academy
- Creating customized library instruction videos and class guides
- Finding discipline-specific streaming media to assign to students for “class” viewing
- Identifying discipline-specific web content with more active content such as virtual activities (tutorials, tours, etc.)
- Scheduling online information literacy sessions for classes
- Matching library tutorials to general student learning outcomes
- Using online content from the Library’s web-based subscription resources
- Using our online subject and class guides designed specifically for ACC coursework
- Identifying and assistance in vetting Open Educational Resources (OER) to replace or supplement textbooks
The Office of Experiential Learning (OEL) provides services to Austin Community College (ACC) academic departments to develop and maintain cooperative education programs. Cooperative education experiences can be a key part of a students’ academic career that can lead to hands-on experience, networking opportunities and potentially a future job.
The OEL Internships Program provides support services to ACC academic departments to develop and maintain internships. Our Internship Program also assists city, state, and county agencies, companies, and non-profits to develop internships programs and connect them to ACC departments with student interns. Support includes assistance with finding internship opportunities, training faculty for their internship practicum instructor role and provide ongoing support.
ACC departments or faculty wanting to start an internship program can get the process started by requesting a consultation via email:
Service-Learning is a form of experiential learning that integrates community service into the curricular objectives of an academic course. Students work directly with local organizations to benefit their cause while gaining a better understanding of how the content they learn at ACC can be used to generate real world change. The OEL Service-Learning Program is available to help you every step of the way by providing faculty training, and assistance in connecting with community partners.
To get the process started, please schedule an appointment online:
Faculty Events Calendar
View our Faculty Events Calendar for:
- Upcoming professional development opportunities
- Important College dates & deadlines
- Self-paced & archived training
This calendar is interactive and offers users the ability to sort by topic as well as overlap events with your Google Calendar. Bookmark this URL for quick access: tled.austincc.edu/calendar.
Get event updates in your inbox weekly.